Beefy Game Day Short Ribs
Wow your guests this Super Bowl with the ultimate Beef Ribs. Slow cooked and with a perfect smoke ring, these Ribs are a touchdown for any party!
- Beef short ribs (By the whole rack) (Usually come in 5-6 bone sections)
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 can beef consommé
- BBQ Bob’s 7Bones Beef Rub
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Sriracha sauce
- Light charcoal and set your grill or smoker to 275°F. (Set up for indirect cooking)
- Place two chunks of hickory wood into the coals for smoke flavor.
- Remove the membrane on the bone side of the beef rib racks.
- Trim any heavy fat from the face of the rib racks exposing the meat.
- Rub in a little vegetable oil to each side of the ribs racks.
- Slather on a tbsp. of Sriracha sauce on each rack and rub into the meat.
- Lightly dust each side with kosher salt then a moderate dose of 7Bones Beef Rub.
- Place them in the cooker directly on the rack but not directly over the fire.
- Cook for about 3 hours (you will see the meat receding form the bone).
- After 3 hours place each rack meat side down in heavy duty foil and pour 3 oz. of beef consumme over them. Wrap each rack in foil tightly and place back on the smoker for approx. 3-4 more hours or until the meat is tender.
The best way to check the ribs for tenderness is to plunge a skewer or meat thermometer probe into the meat. If there is any resistance, the ribs need to continue cooking. (An internal meat temp guide is about 195°F -200°F)